Real Beauty

May 22, 2014

So I've promised another beauty post for a long time now, and I've been wracking my brain thinking as to what to write. It's so easy for me to just write a post telling everyone that they are beautiful, but what good does it do, how many people walk away feeling better?
It makes me extremely sad when I hear about someone with low self-esteem, or someone who looks different to other and feels ashamed or embarrassed or when someone calls themselves ugly.That shouldn't be happening.

In this world there are so many species, so many types of animal. Each and everyone one of them is unique and different and special. And though to us perhaps we may think, say, spiders, are ugly, they hold skills and uses that we don't and others don't, which makes them extremely important in this world.

I don't want to be the kind of beauty blogger, who just sits here and tells you that everything will be okay. How will I know right? And it's dawned on me that it is so hard to change people's mind on that topic. In fact sometimes I find it hard to follow my OWN advice when it comes to body image and beauty. We all feel inadequate at times and indifferent to how we should feel or look. And maybe we need to focus on that a bit more. The fact that EVERYONE goes through it and experiences it. Even who you may think is the most beautiful person every, will most likely have something about themselves that they dislike or even hate.


Also, when it comes to boys, I'm not sure they are that fussed anyway. And I don't mean that disrespectfully. I mean that as women we focus a lot on make up and as we do it ourselves, we can tell when another woman isn't wearing any etc. But to boys, I don't think they can notice much. They still see the face that the see all the time underneath. And in ways, I actually think that is comforting. I myself feel gross and horrid without make up. I feel as though my eyes look too small and my eyelashes seem invisible and my skin is blotchy. However my boyfriend constantly tells me I don't need make up and that I still look beautiful. It's almost as if they don't see makeup, they just see faces. So why do we still make so much effort when it comes to beauty?

I think personally that the reason we spend so long getting ready and doing hair and make up is in fact to gain dominance among other women. We challenge each other and are all subconsciously fighting for the top spot. We want to look the best. And you see it in animals too- Alpha males, Beta Males  etc. And female animals for sure have to compete against each other for the males. Although a lot of nature shows focus on the male competition, I'm sure there is a lot of female competition as well. So, we seem to seek approval from other females, even females we are friends with. And the thing is why? Half the time people enjoy bringing others down, they enjoy feeling more beautiful than others and letting people know that. It's almost like survival of the fittest. Those with the low self-esteem get hunted by those with the high self-esteem.

My point is, I'm not even sure what real beauty is, no one knows. But I truly believe there is more too it that just appearance. Please let me know what you all think. Maybe you agree or maybe you disagree. Let me know in the comment box! X

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search

Popular Posts