The Importance of Tea

May 13, 2014

Tea. An amazing cure for almost every little stress and pain known to man.

For me, tea is a daily part of my life and I don't think I could not include tea in my routine. I thought that today I would talk to you all about the importance of tea, or at least how important it is to me!

I love tea I think it's wonderful, and it was really sad when I had to stop drinking milk and switch to soya milk for a short period of time to determine if I was lactose intolerant- luckily I don't think I am, phew! But no, I am back on the milk now which means bring on the tea. I for one feel as though I cannot function properly without my cup of tea in the morning. There is certainly something special and heart warming about sitting down with family or friends and sipping a hot cup of tea whilst chatting about the latest gossip.

And I'm not sure what it is about it that makes it so special to us. Of course non British people reading this maybe think it is so stereotypically English of me to be blogging about this, but to be honest tea is amazing, don't even deny it! I have about a hundred different mugs it would seem, and though I never feel as if I have enough. I love having tea in different mugs. I love clutching onto their little handles and wrapping my cold hands around the warm beverage that waits inside.

And what's more... biscuits. I'm sorry but if you've never dunked a biscuit in your tea, then you have not lived. Just don't dunk it for too long because... well you'll see.

I think tea has an importance in life. It brings people together, and you could be the busiest person on the planet, but on that five minute break you get, you sit down with a cuppa and all is well again. I don't understand people who don't drink tea. You're missing out, if anything on 'tea bonding'. The hours I have spent at University, sat down with a cuppa talking to friends is probably a triple figured digit!

What do you do when you're sad? Put the kettle on.
What do you do when you're ill?   Put the kettle on.
What do you do when you're celebrating? Put the kettle on.
What do you do when you're tired? Put the kettle on.
What do you do when you're bored? Put the kettle on? Probably. There isn't much else to do...

In some countries and cultures, tea is made into a ceremony. I think it should be. Tea has served us and been there for us when others haven't and it has never failed to make us feel better. So love your tea bags... and your tea bags will love you-( sounds as if I'm trying to make up a euphemism-naughty!)

Now I'm going to end this post, because quite frankly, I need a cup of tea. So here are some pictures of some of my really cool mugs....





Why don't you take a photo of your favourite mugs and leave a comment? #whynot #teabonding


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search

Popular Posts