Easy peasy Vanilla Shortbread

August 06, 2015


This I one of my favourtie recipes, and it's, as you've probably guessed, very similar to my Chocolate Treats recipe. It's so easy to make and although the recipe is almost the same, I couldn't miss putting it up on the blog for all you baking fanatics to see, especially as The Great British Bake Off has started! Hooray!


 Ingredients:

150g Plain Flours
100g Margarine or Butter
50g Caster Sugar
A few drops of Vanilla Essence.


 Method:
  1.  Set the oven to 170 degrees.
  2. Measure out the ingredients.
  3. Put all the flour, butter and sugar into a bowl.
  4. Rub together with fingertips until it forms breadcrumbs.
  5. Add the vanilla essence.
  6. If the mixture is still too dry, add a few drops of water, but be careful not to add too much.
  7. Knead the mixture for a few minutes.
  8. Roll out on a floured surface OR roll into balls and flatten with hands to create cookie shapes like I've done. 
  9. Place of a greased baking tray.
  10. Bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
  11. Enjoy!










You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I absolutely love shortbread! Thanks for sharing your recipe <3

    http://www.abigailalicex.com/2015/08/places-you-need-to-see-in-your-20s.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite afternoon snack is shortbread cookies and coffee so I will definitely be trying these! GREAT POST! Thanks for sharing! XO -Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts