Easy Peasy Scrumptious Crusty White Bread

July 26, 2015


Okay, so I admit it, I cheated... I used a packet mix. But what is a student on a budget to do? In all seriousness I was planning on baking bread from scratch as I'd like to think of myself as quite the baker! However I thought it'd make a good blog post if I tried out a cheaper, easier alternative for people who have less time and money or for people who perhaps aren't quite confident yet to bake from scratch. And thus we are here...

And guess what? The bread mix only cost me 70p!

Ingredients:

500g Sainsbury's Crusty White Bread Mix
25g Butter/Margarine
310g Luke warm water


 Method as written on packet.
  1. Put the mix in a large bowl.
  2. Add the butter and rub in with the fingertips until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
  3. Gradually mix in water to make soft dough.
  4. Knead well on lightly floured surface for about 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
  5. Place back in bowl and cover with lightly oiled cling film.
  6. Leave the dough in a warm place for about an hour.
  7. Tip the dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
  8. Knead well, place in a greased 2lb loaf tin, or as I did, roll into balls to make rolls.
  9. Cover loosely with lightly oiled cling film.
  10. Leave in a warm place for a further 30 mins.
  11. Remove cling film and bake in a preheated oven 230Degrees (450F, Gas Mark 8) for 30 minutes, or 15 minutes for rolls, or until golden brown.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search

Popular Posts