My Fitness Goals/ My New Diet

June 23, 2015

Diet. This is a word many people fear, some people loath and others, well others just don't use it. But 'diet' doesn't have to mean 'not eating' or 'losing weight'. Eating the way we do now is called a 'diet' but yet we tend to only associate it with losing weight.

Since being at University for two years now it occurred to me that I don't eat as well as I should. And don't get me wrong I'm not the unhealthiest person in the world, but I still would like to eat better. In first year I remember making salads a lot, but this year not so much. I think because this last year has been far more stressful, all I've wanted to do after six hours of hard studying is put a movie on and order a Domino's.

Changing one's diet is a very hard thing to do. Making drastic changes is ridiculous and you're more likely to give it up. However making small and simple changes are a good way to start. A couple of years ago I lost a lot of weight (well a lot to me) and although I looked good, I didn't feel good because dieting can also make you feel bad about yourself if you get too obsessed with it, it's how eating disorders can start. And so luckily when I started uni I forgot about the obsessions of dieting and just had a balanced diet and enjoyed life which worked much better for me. Nevertheless, I'm back here talking to you all today, so obviously I'm about to ramble on some more about dieting.
I weigh the most I've ever weighed at the moment. Which is weird for me to say. If you know me you might think 'Why is she dieting?'. And I know what you mean, but I'm not dieting so much to lose weight but to become a healthier version of myself. I found a really nice quote yesterday and it was-

The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday.

And that stands true for me. I like my body and have nothing to worry about weight wise, I am a healthy weight however I really want to be able to improve myself, my fitness, my nutrition. And so here we are. Like I say, making big changes is very hard, and now on day 5 of my diet I am still struggling to even achieve my little goals. But here they are, my simple start up diet goals.

1.) Drink 8 glasses of water a day. - I don't drink enough and I know sometimes we mistake hunger for thirst (can you believe it!) and so by drinking more I can improve several aspects of my diet.

2.) Do two lots of 20 sit ups (40 in total) - I'm trying to do 20 in the morning and then 20 at night. This will improve my strength and work on my core.

3.) Do two lots of 20 push ups (40 in total) - The same as the sit ups. This will improve my strength and core also.

4.) Eat at least 1 portion of vegetables/ salads a day! - I love vegetables and so I really have no excuses.

5.) Eat at least 2 portions of fruit a day. - This can be easy. I have fruit involved in my breakfast and then have fruit for my afternoon snack! Simples!

There you have it. That doesn't seem too hard does it? Of course I will be walking my dog lots over summer and will gradually add in more and more challenges but to start with I want to be able to easily achieve all these little goals.


The app I'm using to help with this is My Diet Coach - check it out!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search

Popular Posts