Man's best friend...

January 26, 2014

'Man's best friend'. This saying I find to be nothing but true. Unless you have had the privilege of owning a dog I imagine it is quite difficult to understand how a human could say that. In fact I don't think we even 'own' dogs-we don't own people. I prefer the term 'knowing'. We get to know our dogs like we do members of the family. My dog Dexter, has been with us since I was 6 years old. We have grown up together as brother and sister would. For those who say that pets are just pets- that's where you're wrong. And as soppy as this post sounds I felt it was something I wanted to write about and dedicate a post to. I have watched a lot of RSPCA Animal Rescue recently and the cruelty you witness on that show not just to dogs but to other animals, truly is heartbreaking. To me, a dog (or others animals for that matter) is a person, not a human,  a person.  They have character,  spirit and a bigger heart than any human could ever imagine.  They come into the world loving you unconditionally.  And for that they deserve nothing less in return.  To share your life with a dog is to truly know the meaning of friendship and love. My life would have been a hell of a lot different if it wasn't for knowing Dexter.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search

Popular Posts