Embrace who you are

January 19, 2014

It's occurred to me recently that today's society focuses too much on appearance. Of course this isn't a recent thing, it's just that i've finally started to realise its effects. The media focuses too much on the appearance of celebrities and this is no way to produce role models for children. Over the past year or so, I focused so hard on trying to look beautiful all the time- wearing clothes that quite frankly were very unconfortable, wearing make up that didn't work, and coutnless attempts to make my hair look professionally done. No matter what I tried I didn't look like any of those celebrities. And thats becuase I'm not. And I never will be one of them. Perhaps you may become famous one day- but you will still be you, just more known- you will never be someone else. So no matter how hard we try to be or look like someone else, we will never achieve that and actually become them, so what is the point. Recently i've decided that its okay to take time on my appearance as long as i'm focusing on myself and what I want to wear and how I want to look. We all need to realise that we are all different, and perhaps these celebrities if they met us, might secretly wish they looked like us. Young girls who look up to celebrities need to realise how much beauty they hold in their own hands. We need to be proud of how we look and embrace our flaws and love them. I know it can be disheartening when you see someone who looks amazing, but who cares. You always look amazing when you're smiling and having fun enjoying life. If we stress too much over how others see us- there won't be much to see at all. Relax, find what works for you and makes you feel amazing, and embrace it. Be proud!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search

Popular Posts