Five Reasons Why You Should Consider University..

January 20, 2014

I have to warn you, this post is going to be cheesy. I apologise. Okay, so for those of you reading this, chances are you're already at University, but for those of you who aren't and are between decisions as to whether to go or not, I thought this little post might help or at least give you a bit of insight! If I'm honest with you, University never interested me, I was dead set on NOT going. I left sixth form ready to get a job and start living. But after about 6 months I actually started to miss studying and working with people who have the same interests as me. After a long hard think, I decided to go for it. And funnily enough here we are; I got my first choice place to study and I'm really happy. I know- cheesy! So, as promised here are five reasons to consider University:

  1. Moving away from home can be very scary, but it can also be extremely exciting. Getting to cook and clean for yourself is actually more fun than you'd think. You have a new kind of freedom.
  2. It helps you make that transition between being a child/teenager and being an adult. I have definitely found myself to be far more mature than I ever used to be. You're also treated like an adult and everything is your own responsibility. During your first year you have to look for a house for your second year, which sounds complicated and terrifying but believe me it's not. These skills will help you later in life!
  3. You'll make friends from all over the place. I for one am not particularly outgoing or full of confidence, so making new friends was a definite worry. But I honestly made so many friends within the first few weeks, and we've stuck together. It really does become like a little family. So even if you're shy, there is no need to worry. 
  4. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there- this is your chance to be the person you've always known yourself to be. At university you're around other people who want to learn, so don't be afraid to work hard and come out the other side with amazing results! Join societies and take part, maybe something you're good at, maybe something you're not good at, but joining in will always end in a lot of laughs.
  5. If you've never known what you want to do with your life, going to University means that you have a few more years to have a think, try new things and see for yourself what you want to be involved in. It might be something to do with your course, or even something you've learnt whilst being a part of a society. The whole experience prepares you for it.
So whether these points have been of help at all, I'm not sure, but they will give you a little bit of insight into the mind of a student, and perhaps make it easier for you to make a decision. Just remember whatever you choose, it's okay, as long as you are happy.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search

Popular Posts