Yummy Yummy Yummy I've Got Cake In My Tummy

March 21, 2014

Okay, so I thought I'd take this time to do a more casual blog and tell you about what I've been up to recently. As you know from my previous post, I am currently in the process of raising money for the charity- Practical Action. My total so far is about £203 which is a fantastic start! Last week and this week myself and another fundraiser(Leonora Guerra) decided to host a couple of bake sales.



Now our main issue was that we wouldn't have enough cakes and then people would complain that there were none left. So, with this in mind we baked and decorated at least 200 cakes or different sorts. We set up our little booth in the Student Union here in Portsmouth. Cakes ranged from 30p-50p. Things started off slow, but we thought things would surely get busier- after all who doesn't like cakes? Well anyway, long story short we came home with about 130 left. Needless to say our diet for about 5 days mainly consisted of crispy cakes....
Even though we didn't sell as many as we would have liked we still raised about 315 each which is still good and it all goes to Practical Action so no sad faces!
Tonight we did a mini bake sale at a local pub in Portsmouth to help out with the Universities Show Choir, which put on a lovely end of year performance! We only raised about £7.50, and again we will have to eat the left overs- but I'm not complaining.

All this money goes to a great cause, so anything gained or donated is a huge deal and is much appreciated. I want to thank everyone who has donated so far!!! X

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search

Popular Posts