Life Lessons: Relationships

February 10, 2014

Relationships come in all shapes and sizes. Some can be long, some can be quick, and some can good and some can be bad. When you're a young teenager, they seem like the most important thing in the world. And at some point in your life they will be. But at that age they are not. There are so many young girls and boys who are losing out on so many important things because they are focusing too much on relationships. I'm not going to say they aren't important; relationships with friends are extremely important growing up! But when you're 15/16 years of age you have so many important things to think about without the distraction of a adult relationship. Of course i'm not saying don't have one, sometimes they can teach you valuable lessons. They definitely taught me not to trust everyone at first, which is good as it stops you befriending the wrong people. It made me realise how much I was missing out on, all the fun and happiness my friend were having- I wasn't. It made me realise I could have gotten such better grades in school and sixth form. It makes you understand men more, or women more, depending what gender you are. It makes you realise that you should never go near people like that again, and to avoid getting into relationships with similar people.
At first it made me feel like it was my fault, like I was the one causing the problems- when in fact it was the other way around- Don't ever let anyone tell you you aren't worth being treated well. You deserve the best and nothing less. Do not settle for what you think you deserve because chances are you have set your bar too low and they won't treat you right. I did this, I was cheated and lied to and I felt like I didn't deserve better. What can I say, I was young and naive. 
On the bright side it made me realise that the sun will shine again, and when things are tough you need to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and surround yourself with people who love you. You'll make it through to the other side. Now I am over the moon with happiness. I have found someone who is more than amazing and treats me like a princess. Now the past is the past and I realise that it was just my young self that didn't know what it was doing. So for all you young folk who think their relationship is the 'bomb', remember to focus on friends and family and hobbies as well. Sometimes there are more important things. And if you have had your heart broken or you've been torn apart by a relationship, please don't feel like giving up- things honestly DO get better!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search

Popular Posts