5 philosophies to follow to bring happiness

March 01, 2017



So recently I've been on a bit of a roller coaster, what with new and exciting things happening, but also not always knowing how to handle them and more importantly how to handle myself.

When your emotions are going crazy, and your mind and life is busy, my best advice would be to stop, take a  second, a minute, a few hours, whatever you need, to think about yourself, and what you feel and need and think.

I don't do this enough, and I get very stressed because I spend far too long worrying about non-existent problems, and being more pessimistic when I should be optimistic... we all should. When you think about it, why would anyone choose to think of the negative when the positive is so much more appealing.

Therefore, from now on I am going to try my absolute best to be kind to myself as well as others, and to focus on the good and the positive and all the beautiful, amazing things that are going right for me, and stop focusing on the little things that don't go my way.

I truly believe that the moment we start seeing the positive and leaving our negative thoughts behind, we will lead better, happier lives.

Here are five philosophies that I believe in and want to achieve.


1.) Be the change that you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

Be kind, always be kind, even if someone isn't kind to you. You'd be amazed at how far kindness can go! If you want the world to be a kinder place, the first step is to be kind yourself, and soon enough the people you are kind to will be kinder (they may already be kind, but you catch my drift).

2.) Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time - Thomas A. Edison

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_motivational.html
Always try your best. If you know that you have put your best effort into what you do, you can walk away knowing that there is nothing more you could have done and the path will unfold in front of you as it is meant to. One of the worst feelings, I think, is knowing you could have done more, or you could have tried harder.

3.) If you fell down yesterday, stand up today - H.G. Wells

Far too often we beat ourselves up over things we perceive as bad or we had no control over. Sometimes we replay things we said or did over and over when we cannot change them and truthfully everyone else has probably already forgotten about. If we treat each day as new, which it is, and move on and build bridges over the mistakes of yesterday, we can learn and improve and have a more peaceful mind.

4.) What we think, we become- Buddha

If we think negatively, we will become a negative person. The moment we start thinking more positively it'll show in our outlook on life and it'll show physically. Last April I started getting fresh air, enjoying my surroundings and doing more of what I loved. I instantly felt lighter, happier, and like my dreams and goals were more achievable. I felt good about myself, more confident and successful.

5.) If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door - Milton Berle

Sometimes we wait around for things to happen, as if by magic our dreams will come true. Realistically WE have to make things happen. By building a theoretical door, we can open it to opportunities that come our way. By building a door we put ourselves out there and offer ourselves up to the chance of great things happening.

There are so many inspirational philosophies to follow, but let's start with these. I'm going to give them a try and see where life takes me.

Let me know your philosophies and how you stay feeling awesome!

Speak soon


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search

Popular Posts