Cute London Adventures

November 21, 2015

Hello my peepsickles, okay, so let's not ignore the elephant in the room. I know I haven't blogged in a while, but as I'm sure you are aware, because I've told you, I've been super busy with Uni work. Not only that but I haven't felt as motivated recently, for uni, for the gym and for blogging. And it's not because I don't want to blog anymore, because I DO! But sometimes life gets in the way a bit, but all you need is to pick yourself up and carry on. So that's what I'm doing.


So on Wednesday myself and my housemate went to London. it was originally supposed to be a day of Christmas shopping, but then we remembered that we are poor students and also the fact that we'd have to lug all the shopping bags around with us all day, and so we mostly shopped for ideas!

We got the 8:20am coach which meant getting up at 6:30am, and we arrived in London at about 10:50am.

First we headed down Oxford Street. Here we perused shops such as TopShop, Miss Selfridge, Selfridges and Primark. We were so worried we wouldn't have enough time for the other things on our agenda, that I think we ended up rushing Oxford Street. It did get rather hot and busy though so I'm not sure I would have liked to spend to much more time there.

We then went from there to Hyde Park for our picnic lunch that we'd purchased the night before-thank you Tesco! We had little pasta pots and sausage rolls and were surrounded by hungry pigeons!

We were also lucky that we walked past a lady giving out free Cadbury Amaze Bites, which are new, for free! Yum!

Next we went to Covent Garden. I hadn't been since I was 15 and so it was lovely to see what it looked like, as I almost couldn't remember. The shops are so sweet there and there was a really impressive string group playing music, which we stopped and listened to. We also went to a little cafe for some afternoon tea, and we had a gingerbread Christmas tree too!


Next on the list was Camden Market. I'd never been, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Wow, I have to say I adored it. The place was not what I was expecting at all, but it was brilliant. I got myself some henna and a gorgeous throw/wall hanging, which I am in love with.

We then had left ourselves about 3 hours to get to the Southbank Christmas Market. That was the other reason for our trip and we were looking forward to getting some mulled wine and food there. However when we got there it was all closed for the evening which was really sad. However sometimes things like that happen in life so that you have to make spontaneous decisions which often turn out to be brilliant. So we decided to go to China Town. We sat down to a Chinese buffet for dinner which was lush and just what we needed, and it turned out to be a brilliant end to the night.

We popped into the M&M shop which was really cool but also kind of strange! But apparently I am a white M&M. We went on the interactive thing and it told me that, and that I was having a moment of clarity (that will soon pass) ha!


We finished our adventure by sitting in Leicester square which was good as our feet were aching and we were getting pretty tired.

It was a brilliant day, full of adventure! Spontaneous trips are always the best!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. A white M&M eh? A moment of clarity is always good. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect day :) I've been wanting to check out Southbank at christmas, it's a shame the market was closed when you went! Beth xxx

    doodleanddaydream.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time! x

    www.dizzymisselizabeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Search

Popular Posts