Ghostly Experiences

August 05, 2014

The paranormal is something that has been debated for many years. Some people believe in the paranormal whilst others choose to take a more logical approach by suggesting that everything can be debunked. Many people claim to have seen what they describe to be spirits or ghosts and often those who are non-believers, think that there are reasonable explanations for these experiences. However some of us believe whether it be for seeing or just truly believing in the unknown. 

I have never seen anything paranormal with my own eyes, however I strongly believe in the paranormal. People can mock us all they want, but it will not change believer's beliefs! Even though I am yet to witness anything paranormal, I have had experiences. No, I have never SEEN a ghost, but I've definitely felt their presences'. I think it is good to be sceptical, and to debunk whatever you can, otherwise you end up believing every creak and bump is a ghost trying to contact you- it isn't. If I hear something out of the ordinary I never jump to any conclusions, I look around and suss out whatever could have made that sound. I'm not one of those people who get really scared. Sure the paranormal is terrifying and, if alone, would certainly scare you. However I find it all fascinating.


Last summer I visited Bodmin Gaol, an old jail in Bodmin, Cornwall. It is known for being haunted and it certainly didn't disappoint. For those of you who have visited it, I'm sure you have your own stories, but I'm sure you'll agree with me when I say that something is definitely lurking there. I don't scare easily, but the whole time I was there I felt like something was behind me. Of course if you KNOW somewhere is haunted, you psychologically and subconsciously feel uneasy which could account for some of my feelings, however I hadn't felt like that before. I felt sick. I felt as though there was some sort of presence following me or watching me, I didn't feel alone. The hairs on my neck were constantly standing on end. For about two weeks after, even when I returned to my home town, I felt uneasy at night, as if I didn't want to open my eyes, as if something was there still lingering. In this case I really hope it was just my imagination! At the jail I also took some photos which I caught something weird on. It looks as though it probably is just the light shining through the window, so I'm not going to say it is anything paranormal, however it was quite weird as it wasn't on the other photo. Think of it as you will!





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search

Popular Posts