Top 5 things I love about Christmas

December 22, 2016


Hello my festive creatures,

How are you all? Good I hope. I myself am rather well and am enjoying my Christmas break.

Today I went ice skating with my brother and his girlfriend which was both terrifying and brilliant. This evening I'm either going to watch a Christmas film or have a Lush bath, but either way there will be festive booze being consumed.

Last time we spoke I did a little Autumn post, nothing special, but in keeping with that I thought I'd share my top five things I love about Christmas. I also am hoping to do a Lush product post soon as I'm coming to the end of some of my bottles and want to give them a little review! Anyway, stay pealed for that.


Top 5 things I love about Christmas

Food - I love food. And Christmas is the BEST time to forget our useless diets and binge and enjoy the flavours and scents.

Shopping - I absolutely love buying people presents. I get really organised and make lists and spreadsheets (which I enjoy doing also, lame I know). I adore seeing the look on people's faces when they open their gifts. I work really hard to get unique and thoughtful gifts so I love watching others open them.

Family - I am blessed to have such an incredible, loving and supportive family who get on really well. We have such a laugh and I really don't know where I'd be without my family- they are my rocks! So at Christmas I love getting to spend as much quality family time as possible, including cuddling my gorgeous golden retriever, Marvel. I also can't wait for me and my boyfriend to get our own place so we can finally spend Christmas together.

Christmas traditions - I think everyone has their own, but we enjoy watching Christmas films each year. The list keeps getting longer though which means more organisation is needed each year to arrange when we are all available to watch them! Our all time favourites are Home Alone 1 & 2 and Muppet Christmas Carol. But other favourites include Love Actually and Nativity! and who could forget Elf.

Kindness - I know we forget about this sometimes and unfortunately we see plenty of UNkindness throughout the year and around Christmas. I think it is easy to forget about those less fortunate and others around us when we are so caught up in our own worlds and buying presents for our own families. But I truly believe that Christmas should be a time for kindness and forgiveness. Some people don't have families, or money, or even a home, and if we all share a bit of kindness, even just a warm hello, or a thank you, you could make someones day. Kindness goes a long way, and I like thinking about it at this time of year because it makes me realise how lucky I am and how grateful I should be for what I have. But it makes me realise how much I want to be able to help others.

So what are you top 5 things about Christmas that you love?

Let me know in the comments!

I hope you all have a marvellous Christmas and a happy New Year!!

Speak soon


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search

Popular Posts