I Love Being Different

March 09, 2014

Dear Readers,

                      Okay, so I know I previously wrote a blog post called 'Be YOU', and this post may seem similar, but I want to stress something that i've noticed. It is something that everyone knows, but nobody really notices. And that is how different we all are. I know, that sounds like the most obvious thing to say, but its true. We are all conceived in the same way, yet the results (us) are so unique and special. Each and every person has their own body, their own heart, brain, soul, bones, skin. Nobody is the same. I think we all need to take a few seconds, or minutes or how ever long you want, to stop and think about that. Why is it we judge others for being different, and why do we judge ourselves for not being the same.
I've realised recently that nobody understands you, better than you. So if you don't want to do something- only you can justify why. Some people drink, others don't. Some people smoke, others don't. Some people play Dungeons and Dragons, whereas others play Football. And that's okay- I promise. There is nothing wrong with being different!
I know there are a lot of people out there who feel lost, who feel they don't belong, and I want to let them know that they are not alone. Right now, I could be out partying but instead I'm sat at my laptop listening to the calming music a mystery person from another floor is playing. It's got me thinking: how many other people are doing the same thing right now? How many of us feel like we are wandering through life without a clue, or perhaps too many clues that others don't see. In this world, with so many people, it is so very easy to feel on your own. But just knowing that other people feel this, allows us to know that as long as the world keeps spinning, we will never be truly alone.
And for those who like being alone, that's okay too. Relaxing by yourself can be a great way to reflect. I know that I am one of those people who has always enjoyed being by myself. That doesn't of course mean I don't like meeting up with friends and family-because of course I do.
I just think people need to accept who they are and more than that..


. accept who others are.
Our lives are like a story book. If all the characters were the same then you'd have no story. But the different characters, ah well they just make for a fantastic read. And I think our stories- I think they're going to be the best!
So be silly, act crazy and be spontaneous, fall in love, enjoy anything and everything and most of all never forget that without you, this world would be a little less different and unique.


Look at this owl. He is a great owl. We should be more like owls. That'd be cool.
Lots of Love
Laura
X

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Search

Popular Posts